Lately I have been all about cooked mushrooms. Whether it’s soup, a simple bowl of sauteed mushrooms, or these yummy little guys nothing makes me feel as comfy and cozy as mushrooms.
- 8 oz whole white mushrooms
- 3 strips bacon
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bacon into half inch strips and start frying.
- Clean the mushrooms with washcloth/paper towel.
- De-stem the mushrooms and dice the stems. Add the stems to the frying bacon.
- Dice garlic and add to the bacon and mushroom mixture.
- Add cream cheese to the bacon/garlic/mushrooms (it’s easier if the cream cheese is cubed).
- Stir the cream cheese mixture until everything is melted together.
- Fill the mushrooms with cream cheese mixture.
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish (I like using a pie tin).
- Salt and pepper the mushrooms.
- Bake the mushrooms for 15-20 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
This is a great way to use leftover ingredients from Fakey Carbonara.